What We Do
The City of Seattle provides funding for basic Library services. But The Seattle Public Library Foundation provides funding for additional resources, programs and services that take our library system to a new level of excellence.
With new and improved library facilities in every part of the city, demand for materials, public computers, and programs has skyrocketed. The Foundation funds important enhancements to the Library, such as added resources and programs for families, seniors, and those with special needs.
Funds donated to the Foundation are used to:
- Buy new books and materials for all our libraries
- Support educational programs such as early literacy programs for young children to help them be ready to read when they go to kindergarten
- Offer programs for recent immigrants and refugees who are starting a new life in Seattle
- Host free public programs with best-selling authors, artists and community leaders
- Provide public access to computers and free instruction in using the Internet, e-mail, and searching the Library’s online catalog
Think about how much the Library means to you. Donate now to help keep our libraries strong.